On the one hand, a lot of the nonsense in my life is finally calming down. It seems like my court battles are finally over for now- they didn't go how I would have liked, but for better or worse, this is the first time in a year that I do not have a court date looming in the near future, and that's a relief. So the bad stuff is finally starting to feel manageable.
That doesn't mean that I'm not busy to a ridiculous degree, though. I'm really excited about the next few months. I'm going on a desperately needed vacation in 2 weeks. Then, in May my baby sister is getting married. But what I'm most excited about right now is that my best friend will be joining the ranks of motherhood in June.
Naturally, I'm planning a baby shower for her, which is actually one of the reasons I'm posting today. I need some help with a game I'm putting together for the shower. I'm doing a pregnancy/parenting related "Family Feud" game. For those who never watched Family Feud, the premise of the game is that they ask 100 random people a bunch of questions and then rank the answers based on how many people gave a particular answer, then the contestants have to guess which answers were given by those 100 people, and they get points based on the number of people whose answers match their guesses.
Anyway. I'd like the answers to be given by people who AREN'T going to the shower, because I think it'll be more fun that way, so I'm asking for your help. I'm posting the questions below and asking for your answers- either in comments or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Like I said, ideally I would like to get 100 people to answer these questions for me, so please pass them along to anyone else who wouldn't mind answering them for me. Thank you all in advance for your help (and I promise to post again soon, with more dirty details on my court debacle and updates on my girls!)!
1. Name something moms are always covered in.
2. Name a reason a baby might be crying.
3. Name a reason a 4 year old might be crying.
4. When you have a child, peace and quiet is ______.
5. Ever since I had kids, I’m turning into _______.
6. Name something a mom wouldn’t want to leave the house without.
7. Name a common pregnancy symptom.
8. Name something offensive a stranger might say to a pregnant woman.
9. Name something moms can’t live without.
10. Name something moms do when they are in labor.
11. Name something men do when their wife is in labor.
12. Name something a girl’s dad has to worry about that a boy’s dad doesn’t.
13. Name a tv show that kids love to watch.
14. Name a tv show that moms HATE to watch.
15. Name something a pregnant woman shouldn’t do/eat.
16. Name a common pregnancy myth.
17. Name a word or phrase people only use when they’re talking about pregnancy.
18. How much sleep does the average mom get?
19. Name a parenting choice moms commonly disagree about.
20. Name something you (wrongly) swore you would never do/let your kids do before you had any actual kids.
21. Name something your parents did when you were a child that would get them into a lot of trouble today.
22. Name your favorite children’s book